The Supreme Standard of the Church is the Word of God contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. The Subordinate Standard of the Church is the Westminster Confession of Faith read in the light of the Declaratory Statement.
We are Evangelical, Reformed and Presbyterian
We believe that there is One God who is the Creator and Judge of the world. In the fullness of time He has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God has made Himself known in His infallible word, the Bible.
- There is one true and living God, who eternally exists in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- We believe that human beings are created in God’s image. However, we have all rebelled against God's good rule. This is what the Bible calls sin.
- The penalty for sin is death, leading ultimately to the second death which is everlasting judgement.
- Jesus Christ is the Lord from heaven who came to lead a sinless life, and offer Himself up as the sinless sacrifice to pay the death penalty which we deserve.
- The Gospel is the good news of God’s saving actions towards sinners through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, the eternal son of God, took on human nature, lived a sinless life, and died a substitutionary death for sinners. On the third day he rose from the grave victorious over sin and death. He ascended into heaven where, at God's right hand, he intercedes for his people and rules as Lord over all.
- Salvation is a free gift that comes by grace alone, through faith alone.
- The Holy Spirit enables us to have faith in Christ alone. He regenerates the sinful heart and works to transform genuine believers more and more into the image of Christ, by empowering them in their knowledge of God for personal spiritual growth as well as Christian witness & service for the building up of the body of Christ, the church.
- Trusting in Christ and not our own merits, we seek to live godly lives, loving God and our neighbour.
- We seek to serve Christ in the fellowship of the body of His people, the Church.
- Christ now sends us to go and make disciples of all nations, teaching them everything that He has taught us and baptising them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- We live in certain hope for the day when Christ will return to be the judge of the world.
If you like to know more about Christianity, come and visit us at church